Eleven Schools of Magic
The Eleven Schools of Magic were founded by craftsmen and practitioners, not by esoteric cults with no foundation in the world of men. However, as their magic became greater, so did their distance from everyday needs and they spawned their own weird cults. The influence of their magic was so strong in Nautlantis that it formed the basis for the eleven districts, where their rivalries would keep them separate.
- Lithomancy: The first school. They are concerned with stone, metal, glass, and ceramic (pottery).
- Botanomancy: Plants and gardening.
- Hydromancy: The bath and all of the associated accoutrements and rituals, including fountains.
- Gastromancy: Food and decadent consumption.
- Bibliomancy: Magic of the written word. Predecessor to the common Wizard magic of the present day.
- Technomancy: Clocks and clockwork things.
- Zoomancy: Manipulating animals.
- Xylomancy: Wood (carpentry), leather, basketry, and other crafts of organic materials as well as the collection of those materials.
- Nomismancy: Money and finance.
- Aimamancy: Blood, humors, barbers, apothecary, and chirugery.
- Stolemancy: Clothing. In particular, channeling the souls of the dead by wearing their clothing.